9.14.2009

The Grilled Cheese Invitational!

You thought I was kidding, right? Well I'm here to tell you there really is such a contest, and it's been around since 2003 when creator Tim Walker started it in pursuit of perfection in a Grilled Cheese sandwich. The Grilled Cheese Invitational or "GCI" is said to be the largest and craziest cooking contest in the country. The event provides a platform for side-by-side competition between amateur and professional chefs. I'd say the Grilled Cheese Sandwich is an even playing field, wouldn't you? The winner becomes the Grilled Cheese Champion and that's says a mouthful, no?

The contest takes place in Los Angeles, CA and has already passed this year, but visit their website for information about participating at next years event. http://www.grilledcheeseinvitational.com/.
Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Word Verification is set to "NO" for your convenience. Please join me and turn yours off too, use Comment Moderation instead.